By Emma Buckley,Martin Dinter
- The first ebook of its sort to regard this period, which has received in acceptance in fresh years
- Makes a lot very important learn to be had in English for the 1st time
- Features a stability of latest examine with confirmed severe lines
- Offers an strange breadth and diversity of fabric, together with colossal remedies of politics, management, the imperial court docket, paintings, archaeology, literature and reception studies
- Includes a mixture of validated students and groundbreaking new voices
- Includes specified maps and illustrations
Read or Download A Companion to the Neronian Age (Blackwell Companions to the Ancient World) PDF
Best literary medieval criticism books
Euripides' Medea is likely one of the pretty much learn, studied and played of all Greek tragedies. A searingly merciless tale of a woman's brutal revenge on a husband who has rejected her for a more youthful and richer bride, it truly is strange between Greek dramas for its acute portrayal of lady psychology. Medea can look instantly undying and strikingly glossy.
Sir Thomas Elyot's Latin-English dictionary, released in 1538, grew to become the major paintings of its type in England. Gabriele Stein describes this pioneering paintings, exploring its internal constitution and workings, its impression on modern scholarship, and its later impression. the writer opens with an account of Elyots existence and guides.
Dinge sind schon seit einiger Zeit zu einem der wichtigsten kulturwissenschaftlichen Forschungsfelder avanciert. Die zwanzig in diesem Band versammelten Aufsätze widmen sich vormodernen Dingkulturen aus archäologischer, ethnologischer, historischer, kunsthistorischer und literaturwissenschaftlicher Perspektive.
Bibelepisches Erzählen steht in einem polaren Spannungsfeld zwischen heiligem Prätext und poetisch-ästhetischem Anspruch. Die umstrittene Hybridität bibelepischer Texte wird in diesem Sammelband gezielt zum Anlass für eine Revision der bisher weitestgehend vernachlässigten Gattung 'Bibelepik' genommen.
- Claudian's In Eutropium: Or, How, When, and Why to Slander a Eunuch
- Women and War in Antiquity
- Performing Bodies in Pain: Medieval and Post-Modern Martyrs, Mystics, and Artists (Palgrave Studies in Theatre and Performance History)
- Wespen (Griechische Dramen) (German Edition)
- Song of the Vikings: Snorri and the Making of Norse Myths
Additional resources for A Companion to the Neronian Age (Blackwell Companions to the Ancient World)
A Companion to the Neronian Age (Blackwell Companions to the Ancient World) by Emma Buckley,Martin Dinter